Charlie Chaplin

Charlie Chaplin

     Sir Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin, KBE was an English actor, comedian, and filmmaker who rose to fame in the silent era.

Charlie Chaplin's Quotes

  • You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down.
  • I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
  • Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
  • A man's true character comes out when he's drunk.
  • We think too much and feel too little.
  • Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
  • Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
  • To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.
  • You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.
  • What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning.
  • My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh.But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain.
  • I will not join any club who will take me as a member.
  • I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It puts me on a far higher place than any politician.
  • The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
  • Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.
  • I suppose that's one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment.
  • All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be desperately serious in my attempt to appear as a normal little gentleman.
  • All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.
  • Brunettes are troublemakers. They're worse than the Jews.
  • Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded.
  • This is a ruthless world and one must be ruthless to cope with it.
  • Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people.
  • Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.
  • Humor is the sublime wisdom of pity and tolerance in which man recognizes the utter futility of his own enterprise and importance.
  • Doing something with the public in mind is doing something without your own mind.
  • I'd sooner be called a successful crook than a destitute monarch.
  • Whiskey! Never tasted such beastly stuff in my life! In a civilized country they drink wine.
  • Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage.
  • In this desperate way, I started many a comedy.
  • I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose.
  • Imagination means nothing without doing.
  • In the end, everything is a gag.

Comments

Popular Posts