Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin

     Benjamin Franklin FRS was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and in many ways was "the First American".

Benjamin Franklin's Quotes

  • Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.
  • A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
  • A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave.
  • A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
  • A penny saved is a penny earned.
  • At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment. Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
  • Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others.
  • Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is.
  • He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
  • I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.
  • I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.
  • In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.
  • It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture.
  • Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late.
  • Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
  • The first mistake in public business is the going into it.
  • There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self.
  • There was never a good war, or a bad peace.

Comments

Popular Posts